Like a car, your bike is a mode of transport, which needs to be checked regularly to make sure everything is in working order. You wouldn’t drive a car that failed an MOT, so if you’re serious about biking, why would you risk riding a dangerous bike? (If it is, we’ll let you know!!)
So leave your bike with a Cytech Qualified Mechanic and we’ll get you riding safely again.
We offer various service levels for your bike, we’re flexible too, so if you need something a little more than a Bronze but not quite a Silver we’ll work something out.
10% discount on any replacement parts required from our shop, included with all services.
Our Levels of Service...
Bronze Service : £25 (Kids Bikes £17.50)
A good bike health check-up. This will cover the major points of your bike to make sure its safe and more importantly, enjoyable to ride.
For bikes less than a year old, and ones that rarely get ridden.
Giving the bike a good going over, making sure it’s safe and enjoyable to ride!
• Check Frame for Stress/Damage
• Check and Adjust Brakes
• Check and Adjust Gears
• Check Tyre pressures and Tread wear
• Check Wheels for alignment and wear
• Check Hubs for play, Tighten if necessary
• Check and Adjust headset
• Check Chain and Drive train for wear
• Lubrication of Drive train (chain, gears and associated components)
• Check and tighten to torque bike components
Will include advice on any further work required. (Fitting of new parts not included)
Silver Service: £40(£50 including hub re-builds)
Moving on from bronze, here we spend a bit more time looking into the bike and servicing the components, major bearings are stripped down and re-greased, wheels are trued and spokes tensioned.
All the Features of the Bronze with some added internal maintenance:
• Check wheel Alignment, true and re-tension spokes where possible (replacement wheels at cost)
• Check Bottom Bracket, de-grease bearings, re-grease where possible (replacement bearings at cost)
• Check Headset, clean and de-grease bearings, re-grease (replacement bearings at cost)
• Check Hubs, clean and de-grease bearings, re-grease (replacement bearings at cost)
(50% discount on the service cost of fitting new parts)
Gold Service : from £100
This is the works, your bike is stripped down to the frame, every part is cleaned and degreased, damaged or worn parts are replaced and then the bike is re-assembled, ready for another season of abuse!
All the features of the Silver service, but so much more:
• Complete frame strip down, headset and bottom bracket surfaces faced if required.
• Complete check on all components, worn or damaged parts replaced (replacements at cost)
• All components cleaned, rebuilt or replaced (at cost) and re-greased ready for rebuild
• Brake service, including inner and outer casing change (cost of cables included)
• Gear service, including inner and outer casing change, re-tune (cost of cables included)
• Disc brake clean and adjust (pads replaced at cost)
Everything to do with gears, chain set, cassette and chain
Gear Adjustment – Front or rear £4
Full replacement of Gear cables (including parts) £17.50
Replacement of Front or Rear Gear Cables (including parts) £10
Replacement of chain £5
Replacement of cassette £8
Fit front derailleur - mount and adjust £10
Fit or replace rear derailleur - including tracking hanger and adjust £15
Fit bottom bracket - mount and adjust£15
Chainset fit or replacement £10
Dropout Replacement (including drop out and re-align) £25
Hydraulic, Mechanical, Disc or blocks
Brake Adjustment – Front or rear £3
Full replacement of Brake cables (including parts) £17.50
Replacement Front or Rear Gear Cables (including parts) £10
Front and rear brake adjustment £5
Front or Rear Brake pad replacement £3
Front or Rear Disc Brake pad replacement £5
Disc brake calliper frame facing – each £10
Single Hydraulic Brake bleed from £10
Disc brake fitting - single (to suitable frame/forks) £15